Makes 10 mason jars 25each
Tuyo 3 kg.
Corn oil 4 cups
Olive oil- extra virgin 2 cups
Olive oil- light virgin 2 cups
Crushed garlic 2 heads
Sliced garlic. 4 head
Chopped hot chillies 5 TBSP.
Vinegar 4 cups
Paprika 1 Tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Black Peppers. 2 tbsp
1. Remove head, tail and soft parts of the tuyo.
2. Fry in a little cooking oil and remove scales.
3. Arrange in bottles.
4. In a saucepan, heat corn oil and olive oil.
5. Fry garlic until golden brown.
6. Add hot chillies and vinegar.
7. Bring to a boil and add paprika.
8. Pour over tuyo in bottles, cool, seal and refrigerate.
9. Serve after 5 days to allow flavours to blend.
10. When ready to serve heat over low fire and sprinkle with toasted garlic.