- 1/4 cup mirin
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dashi
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 300 grams beef sirloin, very thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 pieces dried mushrooms, soaked in hot water, drained, then sliced into strips
- 4 pieces Chinese cabbage leaves, sliced into strips
- 50 grams sotanghon noodles, soaked in water until tender
- 1 piece Japanese tofu, cut into small cubes
2 Melt the butter in a separate nonstick pot. Sauté the onions. Add the beef slices and stir-fry briefly until color changes to a darker brown.
3 Add the vegetables one at a time. Pour the mirin-dashi mixture and let simmer.
4 Add sotanghon noodles and tofu cubes. Simmer for another minute. Pour in serving bowls while hot. Break an egg on each bowl if desired. Serve immediately.