- 1/2 kilo chicken, chopped
- 1/2 kilo pork spare ribs, cut into 2-inch serving pieces
- 6 dried black mushrooms, soaked in water and sliced into strips
- 7 cups water or broth, divided
- 2½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2½ cups uncooked malagkit rice, washed
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp sliced ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper
- Chopped Spring Onions
- Fried salted shelled peanuts
1. Marinate chicken and spareribs in salt, soy sauce, sugar and pepper for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. In deep pan, heat cooking oil and saute garlic, ginger and onion. Add the marinated meats and cook until brown. Stir in mushrooms
3. Add reserved marinade and 2 cups water or broth. Cover and simmer over medium heat until meats are almost tender.
4. Pour meat mixture and remaining water or broth over the 2 kinds of uncooked rice in a rice cooker. Mix well and cook, covered.
5. While the rice is cooking stir the mixture occasionally to make sure the flavors are evenly distributed.
6. Best served hot, with fried peanuts and spring onions on the top