- 1Tbsp Rock salt
- 4 cups shredded papaya
- 4 cups vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup slice carrots
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger cut into strips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Sprinkle salt over papaya. Mix and set aside for 10 minutes
- Boil vinegar and sugar. Set aside
- Squeeze papaya and remove excess juice.
- Mix bell pepper, carrots, onion, ginger and raisins with papaya.
- Add vinegar mix
- 1/8 Kilo Rock Salt
- 1 Liter Water
- 1/2 Kilo shallots peeled
- 1 Liter vinegar
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Combine salt and water over saucepan over low heat. Once salt is dissolved remove from heat and let cool.
- Add shallots to brine and weigh down with a plate. Let stand for 24 hours
- Once ready combine vinegar, peppercorns, bay leaves and brown sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil and let cool.
- Drain shallots and pack in jars. Add vinegar mixture, cover and store.